You’ve crafted ideas, blending words, images or sound to grab attention and capture the imagination.
You’ve built a brand with market appeal.
Now let us protect your creations.
Intellectual Property Services
Our skilled lawyers handle a wide range of copyright and trademark concerns. We can guide you through your IP issues, including:
- Securing injunctions to stop infringers from profiting off your work
- Prevailing upon judges and juries to award compensation for infringement of your intellectual property
- Defending against misplaced accusations that our clients have infringed on someone else’s copyright or trademark
- Making sure you understand your rights under the Copyright Act and Lanham Act and state laws prohibiting deceptive business practices—as well as the limits of those rights (because forewarned is forearmed)
- Explaining your rights and obligations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Knowing the boundaries of the protections provided by copyright and trademark laws is a beginning, not an end. To get the most out of your intellectual property, you need to understand the long-term financial impact of your decisions.
Our attorneys have advised small- and medium-sized businesses for years. We appreciate the importance of cost in making decisions about intellectual property. We can help you find the most cost-effective way to address your IP concerns. We maintain an open dialog with our clients to make sure that the end result is not a “victory” with too high a cost.